Old September 19th 03, 10:38 PM
Scooter

Don't abuse the language like this. Stop being silly and
make excuses. Not just Deano Calver have made these observations, he's a
trained professional, he's got a documented track history in the games
business. If you want to say he's wrong in some way, please state

PRECISELY
how that is the case and present your own credentials instead of trying to
smear him with your lame accusations.

Not still at this are we. All we are trying to say is you attacked a report
I posted a link to and called it crap while promoting Deano Calver as being
a better source for information. I have no doubt the guy knows more than
most about games performance and all other aspects of benchmarks but he
still only has the Beta drivers and code.

In all honesty I can sympathise with people who have spent £300 or more on a
video card only to find out it will be second best but then why buy a card
that had no DX9 games to try it on. I only upgraded to a Ti4800 4 months ago
as all the software I want runs on it. When it is proven what card runs the
majority of DX9 games better then I will see if I want to upgrade to that.

This argument over which card is best just now is invalid until final code
and drivers are released as well as a good few other titles. I have never
run a benchmark program on my computer and only go on how a game performs.
If I install new drivers and it seems worse then I install the old ones.
This newsgroup is a great source of information and I have went on its
recommendations before but I certainly wouldnt take anyones word
(manufacturer, programmer or reviewer) on things I cant go to my local store
and see working.