Old June 23rd 03, 04:01 PM
Doug G.

In article ,
says...
Hi NG,

I got a problem with my video-adapter, a Radeon 9500pro by Hercules. I
bought this great piece of hardware approximately 6 months ago and all
ran fine until the beginning of last week: EVERY morning at first boot
a freeze or a complete crash. WinXP reported an error with
ATI2DVAG.dll, but nothing of an infinite loop... When I try a reboot
everything works well, even with 10 or more reboots during the day, but
when I start the PC next morning guess what happens: CRASH again.

My system:
P4 1.6 a @ 2,56, FSB 160
ASUS P4B533-E
ATI / HERCULES Radeon 9500pro non o.ced
768 MB DDR-RAM PC 2700 Samsung (2 sticks)
WinXP home, SP1, Catalyst 3.1 but tried Hercules Catalyst3.4, no
improvement.

Could be bad caps on the motherboard, check out this page
http://www.motherboardrepair.com/

It could also be the power supply going bad.

Doug