Old April 5th 20, 04:06 AM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Yousuf Khan[_2_]

Default "How Reliable are SSDs?"

On 21/02/2019 5:19 PM, Lynn McGuire wrote:
"How Reliable are SSDs?"
Â*Â*Â* https://www.backblaze.com/blog/how-reliable-are-ssds/

I used to also think SSD's are more reliable than HDD's, but recently
I've had nothing but trouble with a particular brand of SSD, the Adata
SU630 series is absolutely crap. I've already had to return 3 of them,
and I'm getting ready to return my 4th. Thank god I got good backups!
They are good about exchanging their products, but I doubt that they've
even noticed that I've returned 4 of their products already under
warranty. They don't even ask questions, just take your RMA order. They
must be using the worst Flashram in the world, from the reject pile of
every manufacturer around. I've had enough, and I'm going to replace
with a WD SSD now, but I will get the latest replacement and probably
put it into an external case for occasional large storage requirements
that don't need to be on all of the time.

Yousuf Khan

--
Sent from Giganews on Thunderbird on my Toshiba laptop