Old July 9th 16, 10:08 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Charlie Hoffpauir

Default ... about using a CD ISO image as a disk drive in win 10

Windows 10 lets one mount a CD or DVD ISO image as a drive. Once that
is done access to data on the CD is very fast. Before Win 10 I used
DAEMON Tools to mount a CD for faster access. My question is, do both
methods actually put the data in computer RAM? Or is it temporarily
loaded onto a hard drive? If the latter, is it on the system disk
(C? If it's on the system disk, since mine is a SSD, am I severely
"using up" the life of the SSD?