Old November 15th 19, 04:25 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
King Beowulf[_3_]

Default Houston we have a problem ?! No HDMI on TRX40 motherboards ?!

On Sat, 09 Nov 2019 06:41:33 -0800, skybuck2000 wrote:

EEEEEEEHHHHH.

Seen one TRX40 motherboard from gigabyte extreme edition and one from
asus rog... both do not have HDMI ?! WTF ?!? (Check youtube)

I am looking forward to having HDMI on my new computer and now the
horror is the new threadripper 3 motherboards DON'T HAVE HDMI connectors
?!

WTF ?!

ALL motherboards designed specifically for CPUs that DO NOT have embedded
GPUs will not have HDMI or DVI ports. That is by design. Those ports will
be inactive anyway on any motherboard that has them unless the CPU has
and embedded GPU.

If you want HDMI audio, then threadripper is a NO and get instead a Ryzen
APU with Vega (or equivalent Intel); OR use a GPU card. Connect the PC/
GPU to the A/V box (mine's a Yamaha) and the monitor/TV to the A/V as
well (to the TV pass-through port). Works fine on boot here with Linux.
YMMV with Windows.