Old June 13th 10, 02:48 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64
Benjamin Gawert

Default AMD Turion 64 and Windows 7

On 13/06/2010 13:34, * Xavi:

I'm the owner of a notebook Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo A1667EX with a AMD
Turion 64 Mobile Technology ML-37 processor.
After several tries and a BIOS upgrade, I've installed Windows 7 on
that machine, it works pretty well, but I have a problem with the
processor.

What problems?

According to Windows Upgrade Advisor my processor works at 800 MHz, so
it won't work properly under Windows 7, which requires a minimun 1
GHz.

Your processor runs at 2GHz, however it can clock down to 800MHz to save
energy. If it does depends on the power management settings within Windows.

This processor works at 2 GHz but it does so thanks to a driver.

Certainly not. There is no processor "driver". There however are drivers
for power management.

This
driver for Windows XP was furnished with the netbook, but I haven't
been able to find it for Windows 7.
Does anyone knows if this driver exists? If so, where can I find it?

A power management driver does exist, and already comes with Windows 7.
You had to download it for Windowsxp because this 9 year old operating
system knew nothing about the power management capabilities of modern
processors. Windows 7 does, and therefore doesn't need a separate driver.

Benjamin