Old September 7th 15, 02:22 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
philo

Default More ramblings...

On 09/06/2015 03:05 PM, John McGaw wrote:
On 9/6/2015 3:54 PM, philo wrote:
Just for the heck of it I tried another Win7 machine and all but one had
drivers

Sounds like the first machine is misidentifying the new hardware for
some reason. Honestly, I don't know if that could be a problem with the
BIOS or the MB hardware or just the phase of the moon. From what you
write it should be possible to determine which drivers the second
machine found acceptable and then pre-load them onto the first and then
force it to pick the right one.

It really is weird.

Both machines are running Win7 32 bit

I could possibly understand if there was some type of hardware problem
with the mobo and it would have been impossible to install any wireless
card...but doggone it , one worked.

Since the machine needed to go on-line to find the drivers...maybe it
was simply a problem with Microsoft's site...as the 2nd machine (where
they worked) was used a few days later.

Maybe I should try the first machine over again?