Old January 19th 09, 01:58 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Arno Wagner

Default Solid State disk for a desktop system C drive?

Previously Franc Zabkar wrote:
On Fri, 16 Jan 2009 18:51:01 -0600, Chris put finger
to keyboard and composed:

You may have different priorities, but I have only the SSD drive in that
system and enjoy the silence and the low heat inside the box.

Anyway, have fun and if you don't mind share your experience when you have
time.

Speaking of sharing, I'm curious whether SMART is implemented in these
drives, and how? Are there any SMART extensions that are peculiar to
SSDs?

My OCZ does only give temperature and vendor stuff. Goven that
most HDD measures (including reallocated sectors) do not make sense,
this is not surprising. I am a bit disappointed though that it does
not support self-test. I am back to a complete, timed read with error
detection for the SSD.

Arno