Old April 7th 07, 11:22 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Phil

Default Acronis Vista Restore Didn't Work

"Phil" wrote in message
"Journey" wrote in message
On Sat, 7 Apr 2007 18:11:24 -0400, "Phil"
wrote:

I assume that you have an Acronis boot CD. If so, just start over, and
only
restore your C: (set to active) partition and MBR. Restore the OS and
then
the MBR, in two separate operations. If you have any secondary HDDs, it
may
help to disconnect them before booting with the Acronis media.

-phil

Sounds good. Now when I restore the OS first, do I need to take
sizing into account, in order to have room for the MBR? I am going to
do another backup / recovery later in the day using this info.

As long as the image file is not larger than the target partition, it
should work just fine. You need not take into account the size of the MBR,
as it is not part of the partition. The MBR is located at cylinder 0, head
0, on the first sector of the HDD, and contains the descriptions of all
that HDD's partitions.

-phil

That last sentence should have ended with:

....and contains the descriptions of all that HDD's physical (not logical)
partitions.

-phil