Old November 21st 03, 02:56 AM
Bill

Thanks for the warnings, I guess I got too excited after reading
articles about how far they can overclock their Barton 2500+. Not
considering that it may actually damage my hardware. I hope I havn't
damaged anything cause I was running at 190/11x for almost 2 days
stright. After some playing around I figure out how to change the
multipler on my K7VM4 and was actually jumper setting for each
multipler.

I tried different multipler settings up to like 12.5x and keeping the
FSB conservative. I finally found 176/12x (with CPU core voltage
raised 5%) to be the most stable combination without raising FSB too
much. Now the Barton 2500+ 1.83GHz is running at 2800+ 2.11GHz while
keeping everything pretty close to normal settings (352FSB, 35.2 PCI,
70.4 AGP). If I raise the CPU clock near 2.2GHz, WinXP just won't
boot, I guess thats close to the limit of my Barton 2500+.

With this overclock setting, I've been able to play all my games just
fine and been recording hour long TV program without any problem. The
CPU usage is now running at about 75-85 % during TV recording, and CPU
temperature only goes up to about 52C or so. I guess I'll stick with
this setting for the time being and make sure everything run good for
a while.

I'm still wondering if I would benefit greatly using an AGP 8x card
(i.e. a basic GF4 MX440 w/ 64 MB DDR AGP 8x) verse the onboard video
as far as TV recording performance goes. Can anyone give me some input
on this one?

Thanks
Bill