Old March 12th 16, 06:35 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
We Shall Over Comb

Default HP 2450 -- Poor Printer, Expensive Ink & Poon Online & Phone support

Nothing good about this printer, compared with Canon and Lexmark which I have also used for years.

In fact, my laptop is HP and the touch pad does not respond like it should.

I wonder if Carly Fiorina had anything to do with the development of these products. Sure glad she did not get enough interest to run for president!!

General about HP 2450....
I have had this for about 9 months. Prints fine for up to 50 sheets of 8.5 x 11, but more than that or other types of paper it is not satisfactory. My typical job is printing 75 8.5x11 sheets of Avery labels. After about 30 sheets, it starts to slow down and eventually pauses several seconds between sheets. Never had that problem with any make printer I have used in the last 20 years.

For printing and scanning, it will not print on the bottom that is within 1-inch of the edge of the paper. This is a pain because many forms and originals to copy are printed to 3/8 to 1/2 inch margin. Printing from PDF is a mystery to me. It's "smart system" tries to offset printing when I want it to just print exactly what is on the image.

Ink...
I don't mind buying ink cartridges if it's a good printer, which this one is not. Plus cartridges are now $30+ for XL black. I have always refilled ink cartridges. But this one has some kind of software lock so that I can't get refilled cartridges to work. I have read several posts and info online explaining how to put a new catridget it, run it, replace with refill, etc., and none of these procedures work for me.

Online support....
Non-existent, unless you call software answering questions by picking up keywords in the question. Answers are seldom correct for the questions.

Phone support....
Unbelievably poor. First you get someone who is overly polite in bumfukt India but who can only read stock answers. Whey asked to speak to someone in the US, either they are not available or there is a long wait. I have never been able to stay on the phone over 10 minutes so I don't know how they are. If you do call, you will need your serial number from the back of the printer.