Old August 3rd 06, 10:34 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
smh

Default Nero and bootable cd's?

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

***** charles wrote:

***** charles wrote:

I just got a burner and installed Nero 7 Essentails.
I need to create a bootable cd but haven't figured
out how to do that. I've been all through the
software and don't see any choices for making a
bootable cd. What am I missing or should I get
a different program for this?

Essential is Nero 7 oem version. It's not a demo version.

Open Nero StartSmart, the one on the Quick Start. Click the left arrow
in the middle of left border. Expand Applications (with double-arrow),
and choose Nero Express and select Data. Doesn't "Bootable Data Disc"
show up?

.
I uninstalled the 7 version and reinstalled the 5.5 version that I had and
it
let me make the cdrom that I needed. I may reistall 7 in the future just
to be able to try your suggestion but during the installation of 7, it did
say "Demo" in the installation window. Now I am not "under the gun"
I may play with 7 a little more in the future but I don't think that
"Bootable Data Disc" shows up anywhere in the software since I remember
going to where you suggest in the above.

(My comments applies to Express 6. Sorry about that.)

Bootable cd is listed as a feature of Express 7:
http://www.nero.com/nero7/eng/Nero_E..._Features.html

But I don't see it in my Express 7. And Nero Express 7 User Guide/Help
does not mention bootable cd:
http://ww2.nero.com/nero7/enu/User_Guide_Express_7.html
..

Mike Richter - The Slimiest Friggin SOB (UDF)

UDF is a fragile format
UDF is an unreliable format

the format is very fragile and unreliable

The format is bad - it loses data

The fault is not with the software but with the format

But then again:

From: Mike Richter (The Slimiest Friggin ****)
Date: 5/4/06
Subject: UDF Has just bit me in the bum

I have used UDF for many years, but yesterday I had my first
corruption. I am now wondering whether to bother with UDF

First, your problem is not with UDF
..

Mikey, you are The Slimiest Friggin SOB!