Old December 21st 08, 08:45 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Ben Myers[_2_]

Default Precision 670 workstation - decoder for DVD drive

wrote:
I have a 670 Wkstn that just came off a lease, and I just installed a legal
Xp OS on the box. Everything things to work from drivers off the Dell
Support site, but I cannot play MPG2 videos or DVDs. What is needed
to view these files? Also is it necessary to install some special CD burn
software? or does native Xp Pro work well enough?

-Ed

Windows Media Player to play MPEGs? DVDs? If not, there are several
free MPEG and DVD players on the web.

Native XP Pro does poorly with burning CDs and DVDs. I suggest the free
and very functional CDBurnerXP, a free download... Ben Myers