Old March 24th 09, 08:56 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
OldMan

Default Removing RAID0 from a GA 8KNXP v2

I pre date you
The other post (Image) is a good idea

"Brian Griffin" wrote in message
Hi Oldman, although at 57 myself perhaps I should say fellow old man.
Thanks for the post, I'll investigate further and get back to you.
Cheers,
Brian

"OldMan" wrote in message
You cannot remove raid 0 you have to clean install your o/s & programs,
setting your sys to none raid environment. Refer to your mobo manual, for
none raid bios settings

"Brian Griffin" wrote in message
At the moment I have a Gigabyte GA 8KNXP v2 with an ICH5R RAID 0 across
two SATA WD Raptor 36gb HDDs for OS, progs and data. I also have a
single WD Caviar 250gb HDD on the Sil3112 for backup. I want to get rid
of the RAID and just use the raptors as two separate drives on the
ICH5R, one drive for the OS and programs and the other drive for data. I
have tried various combinations of options in the bios, all of which
seemed obvious but to no avail. Can anyone put me on the right track or
better still lead me step by step through the conversion?