Old March 23rd 09, 08:29 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Brian Griffin

Default Removing RAID0 from a GA 8KNXP v2

Hi Oldman, although at 57 myself perhaps I should say fellow old man.
Thanks for the post, I'll investigate further and get back to you.
Cheers,
Brian

"OldMan" wrote in message
You cannot remove raid 0 you have to clean install your o/s & programs,
setting your sys to none raid environment. Refer to your mobo manual, for
none raid bios settings

"Brian Griffin" wrote in message
At the moment I have a Gigabyte GA 8KNXP v2 with an ICH5R RAID 0 across
two SATA WD Raptor 36gb HDDs for OS, progs and data. I also have a single
WD Caviar 250gb HDD on the Sil3112 for backup. I want to get rid of the
RAID and just use the raptors as two separate drives on the ICH5R, one
drive for the OS and programs and the other drive for data. I have tried
various combinations of options in the bios, all of which seemed obvious
but to no avail. Can anyone put me on the right track or better still
lead me step by step through the conversion?