Old June 26th 14, 06:20 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.windows7.general,comp.mobile.android,free.usenet,free.spirit
John Doe[_9_]

Default OT Should the police search your smartphone/tablet?

"PAS" ntotrr optonline.net wrote:

John Doe wrote:

In a 9-0 decision, the winner is... Privacy!

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...2014.html?_r=1

There is a difference between what they are permitted to do and
what they actually do. The "climate" of law enforcement has
changed. Citizens are viewed as suspicious and we are treated
that way. The police are supposed to protect and serve the
public, they do neither. The courts have ruled that they are
not obligated to protect us.

Citations please...

They serve their own interests rather than the public's.

I would bet that the percentage of bad cops roughly parallels the
percentage of bad people. To most of them, it's a job, just like
work is to the rest of us. Cops have to deal with some very slimy
people. And when you are dealing with a cop, you need to respect
its power. But of course on the Internet your ego runs wild. I've
seen plenty of morons on the Internet bashing police officers.

From: "PAS" ntotrr optonline.net
Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.windows7.general,comp.mobile.android
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2014 09:38:37 -0400