Old October 7th 05, 11:20 PM
Nehmo

- Rod Speed -
What exactly happened with the failed reboots ?

- Nehmo -
Hi again, Ron! It went all the way through to the point just before when
the initial Windows XP screen usually displays, but it didn't, and the
screen remained blank. I waited a while, then tried again.

but I *did* increase the size of the pagefile yesterday,

- Rod Speed -
Generally not a good idea to have a fixed sized one.

- Nehmo -
Control Panel System Advanced Tab Performance Settings Advanced
tab Virtual memory Change The options are Custom size, System
managed size, and No paging file. On the bottom of that tab it
recommends 2302 MB. Mine was less, so I increased Maximum size to 2502
and Initial size to 2302 MB. Should I have gone with System managed
size?

and I postponed the necessary reboot.

- Rod Speed -
Not sure what you mean by that.

- Nehmo -
A message came up that said I would have to reboot for the changes to
take effect and gave the option to do so now; I declined.

- Rod Speed -
Likely all [the hard drives] mounted adjacent with no space between

them.

- Nehmo -
With this case, MGE Gamer M1
http://www.moddershq.net/reviews.asp?reviewid=35 , one cm of airspace
in-between them.

- Rod Speed –
Everest should report the temps and drives properly.
http://www.lavalys.com/products/over...?pid=1&lang=en

- Nehmo -
I have that app. I didn't think it did temps. I had been looking under
the wrong section. It's under Computer Sensor I now discovered.

Is there another utility to monitor the HD temps?

- Rod Speed –
Yes, plenty, I like Everest.

- Nehmo -
Now that I see what Everest shows, it seems to be giving the same
readings as SIGuardian.
From Everest:
Computer Sensor:

Temperatures
Motherboard 24 °C (75 °F)
CPU 31 °C (88 °F)
PWM 29 °C (84 °F)
ST3120026A 33 °C (91 °F)
ST3120026A 36 °C (97 °F)
ST3120026A 33 °C (91 °F)

But under
Storage Physical Drives:

Drive #1 - WDC WD16 00JB-00GVA0 SCSI Disk Device (149 GB)
Drive #2 - ST312002 6A SCSI Disk Device (111 GB)
Drive #3 - WDC WD80 0JB-00ETA0 SCSI Disk Device (74 GB)

Odd. The temp section gives the same Seagate id number for all the
drives, but under storage, they’re different.

--