Old May 16th 18, 07:17 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

Default How to prevent rubber grip from becoming sticky?

On Wed, 16 May 2018 23:53:51 +0800, "Mr. Man-wai Chang"
wrote:

How to prevent rubber grip from becoming sticky?

I order Chinese tennis wraps in bulk for my Chinese Olympic and
EZ-Curl Bars, also for the pull-uip bar on my Chinese Power Rack, and
my American 90lb. sets of BowFlex dumbbells.

Unfortunately it doesn't help my 128GB thumbdrive, in which the PVC or
"plastic" constituents may be reconverting to resin.

I'm also planning on changing the tennis wraps either to a leather or
nylon rope braid, although that's just personal.

My pure rubber bands, both a 5-set of combined 70lb resistance bands,
or pure rubber elbow/knee joint wraps, rubber doesn't stick but turns
deteriorates into whites with oxidation. I use a spray bottle with an
American compound from the aerospace parts industry as applicable
conditioner. I also replaced the rubber, once an elbow had healed,
with Chinese a pair of cloth wraps for regular knee insurance for
deadlifts and ass-to-grass squats.