Old February 11th 19, 07:23 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Lynn McGuire[_3_]

Default "PC Makers: We Need to Talk About the Boot Drive"

On 2/9/2019 9:52 PM, wrote:
On Tuesday, February 5, 2019 at 9:37:02 AM UTC+8, Lynn McGuire wrote:
"PC Makers: We Need to Talk About the Boot Drive"
https://www.tomshardware.com/news/bo...ons,38555.html

Ah, that article seems to suggest you need a big SSD, even with secondary hard
drive. Maybe for Windoze? I have built a dozen or so linux workstations with
a piddling 120 GB SATA SSD for root and swap and 4 or 5 GB hard drive for home.

The smallest SSD boot drive that I would put in a Windows box is a 512
GB for $68.
https://www.amazon.com/Blue-NAND-500...dp/B073SBZ8YH/

Lynn