Old February 14th 17, 06:54 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
John Doe[_9_]

Default ASRock motherboards OK?

Larc wrote:

I mainly bought ASUS motherboards over the years and have
mostly been happy with them. Never bought one in their
lower priced line, ASRock. But I'm considering upgrading
my main system since it's been about 3 years and I found a
new ASRock board I really like:

http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Fatal...%20Performance
/index.asp

It has all the features I would want except a DisplayPort
connection, but I have a graphics card for that (GTX-1050).
Of course H270 can't be overclocked, but I never do that
anyway. The board supports the 7th generation CPU I'm
thinking of without needing a BIOS update. I'd use 16GB of
DDR4 2400 RAM in it, which is supported with the 7th
generation CPU.

Newegg has a good price on it, especially considering all
its features: $119.99 plus $7.87 shipping less $10 MIR, so
net a bit less than $118.

Anybody here have experience with ASRock? Good, bad or
indifferent?

Not much help here, but... I recently shopped for a
motherboard. When I saw MSI staff on Newegg giving
boilerplate off-topic replies to every bad review, I crossed
them off of my list. I was looking at ASRock, but I went with
Gigabyte "ultra durable" because I recently lost a
motherboard due to what was probably a corrupt BIOS.