Old September 28th 03, 07:21 PM
Stacey

Shawk wrote:

Hiya all,

Currently have the XP2100 (Palamino) and looking to upgrade. The mobo
(A7V8X) supports up to XP3000 (Barton) but I dont have that kind of cash.
What would you advise an effective upgrade might be? (Havent decided
whether I will o/c or not - too much work to be done for cooling - new
case,
new fans etc). Mem is currently 512 meg pc2700.

Barton 2700 is $140, 2500 is $90. Even with a stock cooler the 2500 should
Oclock well. The memory you have though might not oclock that well so
that's something to consider. The palimino's ran REALLY hot so your case
ect should work fine with a tbred based chip.

--

Stacey