Old February 14th 07, 10:24 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Bill

Default 8800GTS or 8800GTX

In article ,
says...
Thanks for the advice, Bill.

To be honest I really like my case, it's a nice aluminum case with great fan
placement, a filter for the incoming air, twin fans in front of my twin
Raptor drives, keeping them cool and an exhaust fun in the top.

It is a nice size that fits everything else wonderfully and I even like the
colour!

I was thinking that any case that would take an E-ATX motherboard
would have plenty fo room for long video cards.

Something like:

As for my power supply it's a PC Power and Cooling 750, I think that should
be more than enough any video card (I would put a PC P&C unit against any
other company's PS any day!).

Yep, excellent power supplies. If you were looking to go SLI with the
GTX's You might want to step up to the PC P and C Turbo Cool 1000W P/S
though.

I guess I am wondering if I will see a different in cards at 1600X1200 at
max settings.

Steve

Couldn't say. I haven't seen the games yet. If an 8800 GTX doesn't let
you run with all the bells and whistles at 1600x1200 the only present
alternitive is going SLI.

snip

Bill
--
Gmail and Google Groups. This century's answer to AOL and WebTV.