Old February 14th 07, 08:08 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
steve

Default 8800GTS or 8800GTX

Thanks for the advice, Bill.

To be honest I really like my case, it's a nice aluminum case with great fan
placement, a filter for the incoming air, twin fans in front of my twin
Raptor drives, keeping them cool and an exhaust fun in the top.

It is a nice size that fits everything else wonderfully and I even like the
colour!

As for my power supply it's a PC Power and Cooling 750, I think that should
be more than enough any video card (I would put a PC P&C unit against any
other company's PS any day!).

I guess I am wondering if I will see a different in cards at 1600X1200 at
max settings.

Steve
"Bill" wrote in message
In article ,
says...
Guys,

I am building a new system and am up to deciding which video card.

Price isn't the limitor but the GTX is ~11" long which would go right
into
my drive bays so is it worth the extra performance to loose a drive or
two?

I am looking forward to playing UT2k7 and Crysis.

I would like to play them at 1600X1200 will all the bells and whistles
on.

Thanks!

Ya know, if price is not a limiter, why not get a new case that will
accomodate all your hardware? You could even include upgraded P/S to
make sure you have enough power.

Bill
--
Gmail and Google Groups. This century's answer to AOL and WebTV.