Old May 10th 05, 04:25 PM
James Perrett

On Mon, 09 May 2005 23:24:18 GMT, Phil wrote:

in my nero cdspeed tool, an audio cd check reveals about 1500 c1 errors
and 0 c2 errors.

I downloaded and tried cd/dvd Diagnostic by infinidyne and its analysis
says there are 200,000 plus 'soft errors' and no hard errors.

How is this to be interpeted

The two programs must be looking at different things. 1500 C1 errors is
about what I'd expect from a normal length disc in good condition when
testing with Plextools. However, some people have compared Plextools' test
results with Eclipse or Clover stand alone testers and found that
Plextools reports fewer errors than the stand alone testers.

I'd also suggest trying the same comparison with a data disc rather than
an audio disc and let us know what happens.

Cheers.

James.