Old June 22nd 03, 09:48 PM
John Russell

"bp" wrote in message
On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 20:13:15 +0100, "John Russell"
wrote:

"with the deliberate intention to deceive consumers and reviewers about
the performance of an entire product line"

The opposite was true. It is futuremark who are decieving everyone as to

how
good cards are at running games.

Then they should have made their cheating drivers look for game
benchmarks and cheated on them instead of 3d marks. or they could
,and should, have been up front about their feelings toward 3dmarks.

They did when they left the 3dmark support group. No one listened. Their
rather crude tactic has created a debate about whole issue of graphic card
testing which wasn't there before. Now you can go on with the mistaken
believe that a handful of Finns have a benchmark that reflects how thousands
of game coders world wide will code games if you want too.
If we all give up on 3dmark, because we either believe it's coded badly, or
we can't trust the drivers, we will all be better off. The focus will then
be on how fast games run, and preferable the games each of like to run, not
somebody elses.