Old June 22nd 03, 09:20 PM
bp

On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 20:13:15 +0100, "John Russell"
wrote:

"with the deliberate intention to deceive consumers and reviewers about
the performance of an entire product line"

The opposite was true. It is futuremark who are decieving everyone as to how
good cards are at running games.

Then they should have made their cheating drivers look for game
benchmarks and cheated on them instead of 3d marks. or they could
,and should, have been up front about their feelings toward 3dmarks.
They didn't and the line from them now, which you now spew, is simply
back peddling to cover their ass.

Nvidia intent was to make the test reflect
how nvidia advise coders to code games, and hence how fast their cards would
be running games.

So are you planing on running your games with features turned off
just to get a better FPS rate than an ATi card ? I thought not

Clearly the degree to which this can be done is crude when done at the
driver level. Never the less,

Never the less it shouldn't have been done at all.

snip Nvidia's company, we got caught now what, line