Old June 22nd 03, 08:29 PM
John Russell

"Lithurge" wrote in message
"John Russell" wrote in
:

Nvidia where trying to make the test work they way they
advise coders to program for their cards. I cannot believe
with only 2 major GPU makers that real game coders would
ignore the limitations of these makers products. As a
Nvidia owner I want game coders to get the best from my
card, so should ATI owners.

Did you look at the screenshots in that PDF?

I wouldn't want my games to look like that.

You seem to be missing the point this is not a chip maker
advising a coder on how to get the best out of their chipset,
it's about fiddling with the way a driver works to produce the
fastest results, in one set of circumstances that works to their
advantage in reports on the speed of their card.

Your argument might hold water if NVidia had publicly stated
they were doing this before (or even admitted to after being
found out), but they did not.

And if they were really that altruistic they would pay the money
to be in the 3dmark beta program. (Not that I necessarily agree
with the way futuremark are running things)

Lets wait for them to specifically code drivers to play games
the way they want to shall we? ;-)

If there coded as bad as 3dmark I hope so!