Old January 11th 08, 10:59 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Shawk

Default formula needed for video card vs processor

John Edmister wrote:
JLC,
You are of course 100% correct!! That is the bad thing about LCD monitors.
My drawback to getting a 22" monitor for Christmas..... Although I did have
the same slow play with my old monitor my 17" LCD. I did not try playing
Crysis with my 19" CRT, nor cutting my resolution with either of my LCD's.
Being fairly new to LCD monitors, I really should read up on them, and
changing resolutions on Toms..... I dont even know what effect it has, I
just know what I've heard, they have a "native" resolution, and its best to
stick with it.
I DO have to add in Crysis's defense that if I put everything on medium, it
does run 25-40 fps, but, man, seeing all the detail on high is a big, BIG
difference. IE the clouds when you're first flying in... But, trying to frag
at 9fps just doesn't cut it........ lol. Thanks for adding though, and as I
said you are correct!!!!!
Does anyone know how much it effects game play or performance/quality if you
lower your rez on LCD's?

I suppose it depends on the quality of the screen. Before I had the
8800GTS 512 I had to lower the rez on my 22" Samsung to get decent
framerates at high settings in a number of games including Stalker,
Bioshock and of course Crysis. I didn't notice ANY degradation of image
quality (though of course many will argue)