Old January 2nd 06, 09:08 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.large-format

Default Epson printers - 2400 vs. 4800 ??

rafe b wrote:
On Sun, 1 Jan 2006 21:33:21 -0800, "Mark Anon"
wrote:

Please let me clarify: I am a serious amateur (Nikon D2X for
digital and Canham 5x7 large format for film), but by NO means am I
a working commercial pro. I want to be able to print _professional
quality_ prints that I can market sell but the volume of prints I
might sell will NOT be large (as much as I'd like it to be
otherwise... s)

I just wanted to add this because it sounds like the 4800 is more
geared (rugged build, higher cost of ink cartridges) towards a
higher production volume environment than mine???

Mark

I ordered the Epson R1800, which seems more geared
toward glossy papers. Plus, it's a couple hundred $$
cheaper than the 2400.

I expect with either one I'll be paying a small fortune
for inks. C'est la vie. For the $1000 I've saved I can
buy a lot of ink, or get a lot of LightJet prints made.

On the other hand... The 4800 comes with about $400 worth of ink right in
the box.
-This makes it's somewhat steep price not so outlandish after all...