Old October 8th 05, 06:49 PM
spodosaurus

Roger wrote:
QZ wrote:

I got an Antec TP-II 380 with 24 pins, and it says I can detach 4 pins to
leave 20, which is what I need.
Is it simply a matter of pulling that section off or does that tab
need to
be moved first?
Whatever the case, seeing as I am not familiar with this, I will be
careful
removing the part.

Thanks,
QZ

I was really confused about that too and almost bought a 24 pin to 20
pin connector. But I finally found a picture that showed the 24 pin
splitting into a 20 and a 4 pin connector.

To answer your question, the only tool you need is fingers, the
connector will snap apart at what looks like the vertical external guide
ridges.

Roger

Will it work okay if you later upgrade to a new board that needs the 24
pins, or will the connectors slowly work free? My computers are modified
to be on wheels for easy movement around my desktop, so this is a slight
concern for me.

Cheers,

Ari

http://www.abmdr.org.au/