Old July 3rd 03, 12:16 PM
~misfit~

"Adrian" wrote in message
How do I boot to a DOS prompt? Hold down F8 while booting? I can try
that ...

If it's 2000 or XP, I'm not sure there is a DOS option. I wouldn't rely

on
the O.S. that's causing problems in any case. Try going here to create a
boot disk:

http://www.bootdisk.com/bootdisk.htm

The Windows 95 Version B is one I've used before.

And no, I don't overclock, and I didn't change any of the multipliers or
FSB's when I switched CPU's.

The multipliers are built into the CPU, so you couldn't change that.

Really? Are you sure? He didn't say they were Palomino CPUs so, if they are
T'bred, the multiplier can be changed with some BIOS's.
--
~misfit~