Old January 1st 05, 05:29 PM
JAD

john read the whole post

what size is the HD

"John Doe" wrote in message
What does the operating system or drivers have to do with hard disk
drive detection in the BIOS?

"JAD" wrote:

and why would you think that a HD with an OS
installed from another machine, with drivers from an entirely
different MB, is going to load and work?

"goolu" wrote in message
. com...
Hi,

I have one ASUS P2L97 motherboard installed with 266MHz PII CPU.

When
I tried to boot it up with one HD with Windows 2000 installed. I

got
below message :

Award Modular BIOS v.4.51PG

ASUS P2L97 ACPI BIOS Revision 1001
Award Plug and Play BIOS Extension v1.0A

Trend ChipAwayVirus(R) On Board

Detecting HDD Primary Master ... [Press F4 to skip]

Boot sequence halted here. However, I can boot from that HD when

it
was attached to another Magic Pro PC.

To verify the problem wasn't caused by IDE cable, I swapped the
original IDE cable with that connecting secondary IDE channel

(where
CD-RW being connected). The IDE cable is working because BIOS can
detect CD-RW with it. Still booting halted at above message.

I want to ask why my motherboard can't detect the HD ? Any

further
testing can be conducted to find out problem source ?

newsmst01a.news.prodigy.com!prodigy.com!newsswing. news.prodigy.com!
prodigy.net!atl-c02.usenetserver.com!news.usenetserver.com!
peer01.cox.net!cox.net!hwmnpeer01.lga!hwmedia!hw-poster!
fe06.lga.POSTED!53ab2750!not-for-mail
From: "JAD" kapasitor @earthcharter.net

alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,it.comp.hardware.m otherboard,alt.comp
.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Subject: Why ASUS BIOS can't detect my HD ?

dkoicekneficefklcemnfbichmagaofaaicfcfobjepgjlomfc ccdnnagloelenehkimp

nlhogeapfnpejkmahoimenpmohfjgepjhjmmmjeigpdhdbaogp fgokgjijjegcmjhhibo
pfakdb
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2005 08:55:13 -0800

alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus:716740
it.comp.hardware.motherboard:170977 alt.comp.hardwa266023
alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt:425882