Old January 1st 05, 06:21 PM
John Doe

What does the operating system or drivers have to do with hard disk
drive detection in the BIOS?

"JAD" wrote:

what size is the HD and why would you think that a HD with an OS
installed from another machine, with drivers from an entirely
different MB, is going to load and work?

"goolu" wrote in message
. com...
Hi,

I have one ASUS P2L97 motherboard installed with 266MHz PII CPU.

When
I tried to boot it up with one HD with Windows 2000 installed. I

got
below message :

Award Modular BIOS v.4.51PG

ASUS P2L97 ACPI BIOS Revision 1001
Award Plug and Play BIOS Extension v1.0A

Trend ChipAwayVirus(R) On Board

Detecting HDD Primary Master ... [Press F4 to skip]

Boot sequence halted here. However, I can boot from that HD when

it
was attached to another Magic Pro PC.

To verify the problem wasn't caused by IDE cable, I swapped the
original IDE cable with that connecting secondary IDE channel

(where
CD-RW being connected). The IDE cable is working because BIOS can
detect CD-RW with it. Still booting halted at above message.

I want to ask why my motherboard can't detect the HD ? Any further
testing can be conducted to find out problem source ?

newsmst01a.news.prodigy.com!prodigy.com!newsswing. news.prodigy.com!
prodigy.net!atl-c02.usenetserver.com!news.usenetserver.com!
peer01.cox.net!cox.net!hwmnpeer01.lga!hwmedia!hw-poster!
fe06.lga.POSTED!53ab2750!not-for-mail
From: "JAD" kapasitor @earthcharter.net

alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,it.comp.hardware.m otherboard,alt.comp
..hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Subject: Why ASUS BIOS can't detect my HD ?
dkoicekneficefklcemnfbichmagaofaaicfcfobjepgjlomfc ccdnnagloelenehkimp
nlhogeapfnpejkmahoimenpmohfjgepjhjmmmjeigpdhdbaogp fgokgjijjegcmjhhibo
pfakdb
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2005 08:55:13 -0800

alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus:716740
it.comp.hardware.motherboard:170977 alt.comp.hardwa266023
alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt:425882