Old August 9th 03, 08:50 AM

Default HELP! DNS ERROR

and I cant connect to the internet!
I bought a compaq armada 5300 laptop and entered my dial up service and
eveything was fine. one day, after I clicked on IE to go to class
online..I got a page not found and in the bar itsaid dnserror.
I clicked on "detect internet settings" and my class page appeared.
but since then, it hasnt worked.
I thought itwas a corrupt file in IE so I downloaded Opera onto a floppy
at my desk top and installed that on the laptop..but get the message
cannot locate server
when I use opera..so obviously its not the browser.
please give some advice.
I have checked internet settings etc..uchecked proxy etc etc..and done
everything else.
I think Imay have to reload windows 98 on this bugger, however, it only
has a 31/2 floppy port..and I cant seem to find an place that has this
on those anymore.