Old February 20th 05, 06:53 AM
Yeechang Lee

dg wrote:
What kind of cables did 3ware provide, regular flat ribbon or round
cables?

Flat. The only thing special about them was that they lacked slave
connectors.

I'm glad they're flat; despite the (lack of) air flow, at some point I
intend to try the fabled PATA cable origami methods I've heard about.

While everything is still fresh in your mind, make sure you label
the drives so you are absolutely sure which drive is which.

This does concern me. How the heck do I tell them apart, even now? How
di I figure out which drive is sda, which is sdb, which is sdc, etc.,
etc.? Advice is appreciated.

For me, choosing between 2 hardware arrays or 1 software array would
have been a big decision, the decision of all decisions.

Not me; all my research told me that software was the way to go for
both performance and downward-compatibility reasons.

Great project by the way.

Thank you. It's still amazes me to see that little '2.6T' label appear
in the 'df -h' output.

--
Read my Deep Thoughts @ URL:http://www.ylee.org/blog/ PERTH ---- *
Cpu(s): 6.7% us, 3.6% sy, 0.4% ni, 75.7% id, 12.1% wa, 1.4% hi, 0.0% si