Old November 10th 04, 09:39 PM
JAD

Dcom errors were mentioned somewhere before?
Dcom errors are very often caused by an incorrect server name/address
Those problems point to a hijack or malware running at shutdown.

"John Johnson" wrote in message
On Tue, 9 Nov 2004 12:03:39 -0500, "Dave C." wrote:

"John Johnson" wrote in message
.. .
In recent weeks my computer has developed a shut down problem.

Takes
a minute or two between clicking on shut down for it to actually

shut
down. It hands first on the hour glass just to click on shut

down
then hangs again at the screen windows shutting down.

Ive been to various sites including MS and followed suggestions

but so
far nothing as worked.
I have disabled some programs that might be problematic even used

End
It All and again still have the problem

What kind of anti-virus software are you using? Have you run a

thorough
scan lately? -Dave

Check Event Log and every time it had the problem of very slow shut
downs I noticed an error reported in DCOM.
Went to GRC and got his DCOM disabler.

Disabling DCOM did not seem to help after a few good reboots it hung
again. Seems to hang more often when I do a lot of activities.

Right
after I reboot it will usually reboot as normal.

Even with DCOM disabled still got a DCOM error message:

The server (9b`f22c-2982-4e91-aa8b-e071d541d54f2a4d) did not

register
with DCOM within the required timeout