Old November 9th 04, 05:24 PM
John Johnson

On Tue, 9 Nov 2004 12:03:39 -0500, "Dave C." wrote:

"John Johnson" wrote in message
.. .
In recent weeks my computer has developed a shut down problem. Takes
a minute or two between clicking on shut down for it to actually shut
down. It hands first on the hour glass just to click on shut down
then hangs again at the screen windows shutting down.

Ive been to various sites including MS and followed suggestions but so
far nothing as worked.
I have disabled some programs that might be problematic even used End
It All and again still have the problem

What kind of anti-virus software are you using? Have you run a thorough
scan lately? -Dave

Did scans, chkdsk /r running Norton 2003, Ad Aware, defrags anything
I could think of.
There was a known problem with Norton Anti Virus 2003 but the
recommendation was just to run live update which I did.