Old September 23rd 04, 01:59 AM
Monster

Default Upgrade cpu or videocard?

I have an amd 2000xp with a ti4200 and it is upgrade time, however I can
only upgrade one of these for now. I know the best upgrade for me would be a
9600 but this card is incompatible with one of my favorite games so no
radeon for me. I'm stuck in the 200-300$ canadian range and my only options
for an nvidia card seems to be a 5700-5900XT. Another option would be to
just keep the old ti-4200 as I still play a lot of dx8 games and upgrade the
cpu to an amd3000+. I really want to know which upgrade (cpu or videocard)
would give me the better speed for now