Old June 30th 04, 10:16 PM
David Murphy

wrote in message . ..
I just had a GA-7VRXP rev. 2 board go belly up on me. Bad caps. It's at Gigabyte
now getting warranty work. I couldn't wait the weeks for the repair so I got a
GA-7VT600-L and dropped it in. Just had to install a newer version of the VIA
4in1 drivers and the new lan drivers and I was good to go. just make sure you
remove any old stuff you no longer need. A reboot into safe mode is always good
for finding and deleting ghosted devices in device manager.

Thanks for the reply, but I've discovered I have another problem. I
run Windows 98 SE, and it appears it's no longer supported in many new
chipsets. Out of curosity, what do you run? XP?

Looks like I may just have to find another 7VAXP. I need to get back
up and running ASAP.

Thanks again,
David Murphy