Old June 29th 04, 01:50 AM

I just had a GA-7VRXP rev. 2 board go belly up on me. Bad caps. It's at Gigabyte
now getting warranty work. I couldn't wait the weeks for the repair so I got a
GA-7VT600-L and dropped it in. Just had to install a newer version of the VIA
4in1 drivers and the new lan drivers and I was good to go. just make sure you
remove any old stuff you no longer need. A reboot into safe mode is always good
for finding and deleting ghosted devices in device manager.

On 28 Jun 2004 11:16:32 -0700, (David Murphy) wrote:

Greetings. My PC recently died on me, and I've diagnosed it as a bad
motherboard. My previous board was a Gigabyte 7VAXP. Looking around
briefly, it looks like I could still get a direct replacement, but for
about half the price I could get a 7VT600 1394, which has all the
functions I need (I never used the RAID or overclocking features on
the 7VAXP). It appears that the chipset cooler I have on the KT400
will fit the KT600 just fine, so my big question is this: can I drop
in the 7VT600 as a replacement for the 7VAXP and reasonably expect it
to work? If not, what kind of problems am I likely to see?

Thank you,
David Murphy