Old October 15th 14, 01:10 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Paul

Default GA-78LMT-USB3 no BOOT USB

wrote:

I know that USB3 ports do not work for the boot, but the problem occurs on the USB2 ports, so I reported the problem I guess is a bug in the BIOS.
Be very annoying having to insert and remove each time to try to make them work.

You're supposed to press "F12" at startup
and use the popup boot menu, to boot from
a USB flash drive. That's the approach I
use on my legacy BIOS systems.

And different brands of motherboards, use a
different key for that function. F12 is
not the only possible key. The computer I'm
typing this on, I press "F8" to select the
popup boot menu. I use that when booting
from a Linux USB flash key.

Paul