Old May 8th 19, 12:05 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
[email protected]

Default Better FLAC Player ? Fast, Good playlist, Low CPU ?

Indeed love foobar almost from the moment I installed it and choose the simpelst form... very nice and neat.

I would love it if somebody could make a tutorial how to setup foobar for a creative x-fi elite pro soundblaster 7.1 for maximum enjoyment.

For now I am playing via PCM and 88khz for DSD/DTS/SACD discs... which sounds pretty amazing.

"Return of Pink Panther" iso I tried and was amazed by it's sound quality.

(Using Creative ASIO driver inside foobar2000... pretty cool).

Can't get DSD-only working though... output sample rate is too high it says... 178k... creative's dac can't handle it... not sure if down sampling is possible ? There is speak of asio-proxy and such not sure if that is what I would need).

I kinda wanna try out DSD only... like DSD to ASIO output to see if it makes any quality difference compared to PCM.

Bye for now,
Skybuck.