Old February 18th 04, 04:57 PM
BelaLvgosi

"Jase" wrote in message
Which manufacturers do you class as generic and which are named .
As with most products the big name does not mean quality

True, I had both a creative ti200 (msi rebadged model, even had msi ref. on
the pcb) and an herc gf2mx a (bought when they came out, relatively
expensive at that time) and until I tried a ti4200 8x bought new for cheap
(wich is also another creative model made by msi) I saw that there was a
way big difference, my latest buy was a gainward 5900 1100 and vga output is
as good, with vivid colours and contrast, unlike the other two cards who
looked washed and blured. Funny to see it all depends on a cheap part of the
card wich makers don't seem to value.