Old February 17th 04, 07:50 AM
Mike

If you buy a Generic brand of card, what kind of performance do you expect
to get out of it? Nvidia doesn't make the card. They make the GPU,
everything else used on the card is up to the manufacturer. If they use
****ty components, then you've got a ****ty card, even if it's a Geforce FX
5950 Ultra GPU.

--
AMD Athlon 64 3200+
MSI K8T NEO FIS2R

Try to beat that with the latest Intel crap!
"K. W." wrote in message
om...
Hi,

I got a Predator GF4 MX440 8X AGP card (MD-NV4408X)installed on my
AMD (nForce2 Ultra 400) PC with WinXP Pro. But the text looks so
muddy. There are light gray shades to the left of the texts, making
them hard to read. The convergence of the monitor is fine. With my old
GF2 MX400 card, the texts look sharp. Isn't that GF4 MX440 a better
card?!
Besides, the device manager identifies the card as: "NVIDIA GEForce4
MX 440SE with AGP8X." Isn't this an MX440 or MX440-8X card, why does
it say 440SE?

Is this a hardware problem or software problem? Please help.

Thanks,

K.W.