Old November 10th 04, 12:10 AM
Patty Amas

Default Nero - latest version on web site -problem copying copyrighted CD?

Downloaded latest version of Nero. Been using it for a while now
(about 18 months). Got it to replace problems I had with Easy CD
Creator.

Was trying to copy a newly purchased CD of AVG-Anti Virus for backup
purposes.
Tried 3 times and got 3 coasters with 2 different CD-R media. Said
"Unrecoverable Read Error" on the CD to CD copy. Could copy at 52x but
I usually copy at 24x. The AVG CD stated it was copyrighted in the
progress window.

I then tried CloneCD and it copied the program without a hitch.

Now perhaps I could have gotten around all of this (not sure) if I
copied the AVG CD to my hard disk and then to my CD Burner.

Thoughts? Anyone experience copy problems with Copyrighted Data CD's
or is this just a glitch?

I do have the latest firmware for my Liteon CD/DVD, and Liteon CD-RW.

I did not perform any functions while the CD-R was writing with Nero.

Thanks
Patty