Old October 21st 18, 09:29 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
[email protected]

Default Mysterious internet/ethernet issue (kinda needtesting/connection/communication service to diagnose it ???)

Oh I forgot to mention... he didn't just replace tv cable...

He also replaced the wall socket... with something new.

The one in there was very old.

He also shortened the green cable a little bit and re-attached it.

He had a nice trick though:

Instead of connecting the coax to the splitter.

He connected to coax directly to the tv.

This also got rid of the noise ! which amazed me !

Exact problem remains unknown to some degree... we talked too much about other computer tech.

Didn't get to talking about him about cable modem menu issue...

Not sure if he could have helped probably not... but could have tried.

Maybe his excited chat about tech was a diversion tactic... not sure

It was a bit frustrating... but also kinda enjoyable... but this guy went off like a rocket... finally somebody to talk with about tech.

This guy knew almost everything there was about tech.

The only things he didn't know what how SMT/symetric multi threading worked on AMD ryzen... and L1 caches.

So I explained this too him and also showed him AIDA64 benchmark results and such...

Pretty cool chat =D

Bye,
Skybuck.