Old October 16th 18, 04:26 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Char Jackson

Default Mysterious internet/ethernet issue (kinda need testing/connection/communication service to diagnose it ???)

On Sun, 14 Oct 2018 16:09:49 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

I finally managed to get into this ubee cable modem, by disconnecting white/coax cable, this is what I managed to captu

(XXXXX = blacked out by me)

Basis information:

http://192.168.1.1/

Firmware
Hardware Version 2.54
Software Version 4.111.5004
Cable Modem Serial Number EVM320BXXXXXX
CM certificate Installed

Basic
Status
System Up Time 0 days 00h:03m:18s
Network Access Denied
Cable Modem MAC xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
CPE MAC xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx

Use this link to get to advanced section:

http://192.168.1.1/AdvDhcp.asp

Authentication required:

"http://192.168.1.1 is requesting your username and password. The site says: “AMBIT”"

username: admin
password: password

Valid links:

http://192.168.1.1/BasicCmState.asp
http://192.168.1.1/BasicFirmware.asp
http://192.168.1.1/BasicStatus.asp
http://192.168.1.1/AdvMta.asp
http://192.168.1.1/AdvLine.asp
http://192.168.1.1/AdvDhcp.asp
http://192.168.1.1/AdvQos.asp
http://192.168.1.1/AdvProvisioning.asp
http://192.168.1.1/AdvEventLog.asp

This is what I managed to capture after the modem was connected to COAX:

I am starting to believe my hyptohesis of COAX line corruption is correct:

The log shows a warning:

"DHCP WARNING - Non-critical field invalid in response ;CM-MAC."

Seems like the response is corrupted ?!?!?

Event Log
This page displays the Event Log on the current system.
CM Event Log
Date/Time Event Level Event ID Description
Time Not Established Warning (5) D3.0 DHCP WARNING - Non-critical field invalid in response ;CM-MAC...
Time Not Established Critical (3) R2.0 No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=0c:60:76:49...
Time Not Established Critical (3) T1.0 SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Failed to acquire QAM/Q...
Time Not Established Critical (3) T2.0 SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Failed to acquire FEC f...

MTA Event Log
Date/Time Event Level Event ID Description
Endpoint

Show me a cable modem that doesn't have plenty of similar errors and
warnings. By design, they retry any failed steps. In the log entries
above, I'd say the CMTS is slow to respond. If the modem eventually
syncs up, you can ignore the preliminary errors.