Old October 16th 18, 04:22 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Char Jackson

Default Mysterious internet/ethernet issue (kinda need testing/connection/communication service to diagnose it ???)

On Sun, 14 Oct 2018 15:46:53 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

I was able to see the status screen for a few seconds/on first load of website 192.168.1.1

How I did it was as follows:

1. Read this manual:

https://modemly.com/Ubee-EWV3200-router-setup

It says to reset for 15 seconds !

I did this... after 15 seconds the lights started blinking.

Then as soon as it starts downloading from ISP, I can no longer go into menu which is very strange.

Maybe this is why coax cable was loose during my other experiments in the passed.

I will now fully disconnect coax cable and repeat reset experiment to see if I can get into this menu.

It was a status screen though looks like this:

Docsis
Firmware
Status

Basic
Docsis
This page displays the docsis information.
Startup Procedure
Aquired Downstream Status In progress
Upstream Ranging Status
Docsis DHCP Status
Docsis TFTP Status
Docsis TOD Status
Security Status Disabled / BPI+

Downstream Bonded Channels
Channel Lock Status Modulation Frequency Power SNR
1 Not Locked unknown 329000000 Hz -6.9 dBmV 22.9 dBmV
2 Not Locked Unknown 0 Hz 0.0 dBmV 0.0 dBmV
3 Not Locked Unknown 0 Hz 0.0 dBmV 0.0 dBmV
4 Not Locked Unknown 0 Hz 0.0 dBmV 0.0 dBmV
5 Not Locked Unknown 0 Hz 0.0 dBmV 0.0 dBmV
6 Not Locked Unknown 0 Hz 0.0 dBmV 0.0 dBmV
7 Not Locked Unknown 0 Hz 0.0 dBmV 0.0 dBmV
8 Not Locked Unknown 0 Hz 0.0 dBmV 0.0 dBmV

Correctables Uncorrectables
0 0

Upstream Bonded Channels
Channel Lock Status US Channel Type Symbol Rate Frequency Power
1 Not Locked Unknown 0 Ksym/sec 0 Hz 0.0 dBmV
2 Not Locked Unknown 0 Ksym/sec 0 Hz 0.0 dBmV
3 Not Locked Unknown 0 Ksym/sec 0 Hz 0.0 dBmV
4 Not Locked Unknown 0 Ksym/sec 0 Hz 0.0 dBmV

Downstream Frequency Select (in KHz)

©2009 Ubee Broadband Corporation. All rights reserved.

Perhaps corruption has something to do with it.

Or some setting is getting downloaded which locks it out.

Also I will need prove that downloading settings is protected by crc32s and such otherwise corruption remains plausible.

Not sure why corruption is always at the top of the list since it's
extremely unlikely to be a factor in a modem that otherwise works.