Old October 15th 18, 09:33 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
[email protected]

Default Mysterious internet/ethernet issue (kinda needtesting/connection/communication service to diagnose it ???)

Ok I called ziggo a couple of times to try and get to the bottom of this.

At least the television section of ziggo was usefull, they will send a network engineer to try and diagnose the problem when it comes to noisy signal.

The internet section/service/support of ziggo was a bit less helpfull, but they try.

Questions asked by me:

1. Is a custom modem allowed, can I buy a custom mode:

Answer: no not allowed, it is "allowed" to have old cable modem

2. Is a screenshot from their settings on their end possible to be send to me ?

Answer: no not allowed.

3. Are they willing to perform some tests with me, with my own software, to test if the cable modem and internet is working properly, port-wise and such.

Answer: I'll ask, and eventually no not allowed, to much risk to their systems.

I did suggest installing a virtual machine, they girl on the phone thought that was neat.

Later I guess a superior/supervisor guy came on the phone claiming to be a programmer himself, futher questions asked to these people and girls and such:

4. Does ziggo have a testing facility where they test all of their combinations and such ?

Girl wasn't entirely sure, but yes such a division exists but nameless or she didn't know.

5. Later I asked the guy do they test combinations of new gear with old gear.