Old June 23rd 03, 05:05 AM
Cyde Weys

Default Screen saver in LCD Monitor

Günther De Vogelaere wrote:
Screen savers are of no benefit to any reasonably modern monitor,
LCD or CRT. Their only (optional) use is to password access to
your running system and/or advertising. The OS power saving
provisions are of much greater use - configure them to put your
CRT in power-saving mode (and thus blacked out) after an
appropriate time.

Yes, and allowing the monitor to shut itself down will prevent usage of the
backlight of your lcd-monitor. So you are better off to use the
auto-powerdown features of your system then a screensaver.

Isn't this something that can be done on the same screen as the "Select
Screensaver" screen? I don't bother with screensavers - I set up my
system to turn the monitor off after 10 minutes of inactivity (the whole
screen goes dark, the only power getting used is to keep the amber LED lit).